The KPF Workshops
KPF organises workshops, classes and social activities for people with burns and scars.
These events provide an opportunity to meet others who may have similar experiences in a pleasant, relaxed environment. We hold small and large group events, all with a focus on activity.
Examples of events are:
- Wellbeing Days – exercise and complementary therapies
- Meditation Classes
- Colour Analysis and Personal Style Workshops
- Cupcake and Chocolate-making classes
- Craft Classes
- Inspirational Speakers
- Pamper Days (see below for more information)
Our popular Pamper Days involve:
- A one to one consultation with a professional make-up artist. Beneficiaries have the opportunity to try out different products and shades in the security of safe and private facilities. Both make-up and skin camouflage are available. Skin camouflage is different from regular make-up – for example it is water and sweat proof, so it can be used on both the face and body.
- A one-to-one consultation with a hair stylist.
- Other treatments such as neck/shoulder/hand massage and manicure/pedicure.
At the moment, our events are only available to people with burns and scars caused by an injury from trauma. (Please ask us if you’re not sure what this means).
On a case by case basis, we can offer individual make-up and camouflage consultations for individual burn survivors at a salon or treatment room near their home.
We also offer make-up and camouflage consultations and hair styling to burns survivors for special days when they’d like to feel their best, such as their weddings.
All events and one to one consultations are free of charge.
KPF are only able to support people over 18 years who are living in the UK.
Please email the Foundation, Workshops and Treatments for further information.
“Fantastic workshop – meeting other people and sharing past experiences makes you feel like you are not on your own. There was endless advice given on the day on a variety of topics from camouflage make-up and how to apply it to the benefits of massaging scars. I would definitely recommend this workshop to anyone who suffers from burns or disfigurements.”
“When I left the Katie Piper Foundation make-up workshop, I felt amazing and beautiful. It was so wonderful to see that so many people gave up their own time, efforts and knowledge to help us all to feel better about ourselves.”
“I really didn’t know what to expect from the make-up workshop but I can honestly say that I found it so beneficial. Since seeing Christopher the hairdresser, I now have the confidence and know how to part and blow dry my hair differently as well as curl my own hair. I’ve never been able to do it before now so it feels great. Bernice did my make up on the day and also gave me lots of tips.
I now take more care when applying foundation and concealer and have the ability to do eye make up a lot better than before. Learning about special camouflage products was also great. I had an application of camouflage on a scar on my neck and that it was fantastic. Can’t wait to use it day to day!
Everyone at the workshop was so friendly and caring and I honestly think it is a fantastic day for people who might need a little confidence boost or just would like to look the best they can with the scars they have.”